Cluster autoscaler (CA) is designed to manage the resource demand when the resource demand increases. CA does a good job on scaling up and down the cluster when in need.
- CA will periodically check the pending pods or empty nodes for increasing the size of the AKS cluster. If possible, it will increase.
- This happens so fast, it will keep scanning the pending pods for every 10 seconds.
- It will remove the node if it is not needed for more than 10 minutes.
- Horizontal Pod Autoscaler (HPA) will update pod replicas and resources when needed. (Need to use HPA with CA)
- If not enough or excess, CA will respond and act on it.